The Teye “Coyote” guitar:
“When I looked closely at the design of my Custom Shop guitars and separated in my mind the luxurious aspects from the essential elements, a plan was born to make a different guitar with all of the Teye-features but made with efficient use of modern production technology.
The plan involved a more efficient method of construction paired with an easier-to-apply finish, coupled to a better way of assembling the electronic components. A guitar 100% Made-In-USA, with that ‘Old-World flavor’, designed with a sleek build process in mind.
Here she is! Called the ‘Coyote’, she is the first of my new USA-series of instruments and she’s bound to conquer your heart just like she conquered mine.
I’m very proud of her!”
Teye, Austin Texas, January 2014
(below: Coyote in Custom Shop attire, hand-rubbed oil finish, Lollar pick-ups, with a gorgeous sunburst maple cap)
(the new Coyote headplate, with direct access to the truss rod, and with the new style Teye-logo)
- Mahogany body and neck
- Bound Maple cap
- 24-fret bound Ebony fingerboard with the Teye-inlay
- Two special wind DiMarzio humbuckers
- Proprietary fine-tuned Teye electronics with the full four-knob A-series control panel
- Proprietary Teye A-series hand-made Supre-bridge
- Proprietary Teye hand-made tailpiece
- Two distinctive custom etched aluminum body plates
- Distinctive custom etched aluminum headstock plate with direct truss-rod access
- Custom aluminum rear plate
- Proprietary Teye volume and tone knobs, and ditto switch tip
- Grover Imperial Rotomatic tuners
- Korian nut
- Nitro finish
- Case included
If you are serious about your Tone, you owe it to yourself to try one out.
Available as USA-series in many colors, and in Custom Shop attire.
The Custom Shop Coyotes are made alongside all my other Custom Shop instruments in my Austin Texas workshop and use a pair of special wound Jason Lollar pickups plus my hand-rubbed oil/shellac/mineral finish in Shipwreck look.